creamy butter prawns) some time ago and it was really really scrumptious. However, there is an Indian dish murgh makhani also known as butter chicken. It is made of grilled chicken cooked in smooth buttery & creamy tomato based gravy. But it tasted very spicy compare to Asian version butter chicken. Come on lets find out how delicious this Asian version butter chicken is..... please read on for more.
2 large boneless chicken meat, diced
1 egg white
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup cornflour
3 garlic gloves, chopped
5 stalk curry leaves, rinsed
1-1/2 tspn curry powder
1/2 tspn turmeric powder
150ml heavy cream/evaporated milk
1 TB sugar
a dash of salt or to taste
(1) marinade chicken meat with salt & pepper, then stir in egg white till well mixed.
(2) next now, add in cornflour and stir till all meat well coated, set aside to rest for 30 minutes.
(3) now, fry chicken meat till golden brown and set aside.
(4) preheat frying pan with medium heat, add in butter garlic& curry leaves and saute till fragrant.
(5) stir in curry powder & turmeric powder, let to saute a one minute then add in heavy cream or evaporated milk, salt & sugar and let to cook till thickened.
(6) finally, stir in fried chicken meat till everything is well mixed then serve with rice or noodle.
Thursday, July 13, 2017
Sunday, July 9, 2017
click to see here. It was astonishing ! Since this is my favourite thing to do, I shall start without hesitation..Please read on for more.
250gm bread flour/high protein flour
250gm all purpose flour
100gm dried cranberries, chopped
1-1/2 TB instant yeast
2-1/2 TB sugar
3 large eggs
150ml full cream milk
1 tspn salt
50gm cold butter, diced
**300gm cold butter for folding process
**egg glazing : 1 yolk mixed with 1 tspn milk
(1) combine both flour, sugar, yeast, cranberries, eggs & milk then stir to form a soft dough.
(2) now, add in salt & butter and continued kneading till smooth & non-sticky then set aside to rest for an hour or till double in size.
(3) once ready, punch dough to release excess air and kmead till smooth again.
(4) place dough to slightly floured working table, roll to flatten dough into 26x12" sheet.
(5) sliced cold butter to cover half portion of flattened dough, as picture shown here. Fold the other half dough over butter and keep the edges nicely sealed.
(6) next, roll filled dough into 26x12" sheet again then fold both the shorter edge to meet at the center. Now again, fold the other half over one half to generate a 4 folding layer, as seen here. Finally, cover dough with plastic sheet & keep refrigerated for 30 minutes till butter is chilled and set. This is to prevent melting butter from messing up the dough.
(7) repeat the folding process for another 2 more round then keep chilled for 45 minutes after the final touch up.
(9) greased two 4x4x9" tray lined with parchment paper each, then place one & a half piece of pastry sheet to tray by flipping into snake like curl shape, as picture shown above.
(10) let to rest for another 45 minutes or till double in size as picture shown below.
Thursday, July 6, 2017
4 whole chicken thigh, cut into 3 portions each
salt & pepper to taste
2 TB yellow mustard sauce
1 tspn garlic powder
1 TB black peppercorn, crashed
1 tspn black pepper powder
1/2 TB paprika
1 tspn granules powder
1 cup milk
1 cup all purpose flour
*1-1/2 cups cornflour for coating
*cooking oil for deep frying
(1) mix together chicken pieces with salt, pepper, mustard, black pepper & pepper corn, paprika, granules powder and stir till everything well blended. Then stir in milk & flour till well cooperated. Let to rest in the fridge for 2 hours.
(2) once its ready, coat each marinated chicken pieces with corn flour and deep fry till golden brown.
*Note : I put in about 1-1/3 TB of salt.
Sunday, July 2, 2017
Alan @ Travelling Foodies. Apom its originated from traditional Indian cooking which the texture is quite similar to 'dosai' and it is both made of fermented rice batter as well. However, nyonya version is a bit thicker more alike to the western pancake and it is usually serve with sweetened banana gravy (kuah pengat pisang). Please read on for more.
Ingredients for Apom batter :
5gm instant yeast
1 tspn sugar
60ml warm water
300gm rice flour
1/2 TB glutinous rice flour
1/2 TB tapioca flour
1/2 tspn salt
500ml coconut milk
60gm rice flour
410ml coconut water
3 pandan leaves, knotted
(1) mix together ingredients (A) and let to rest for 15 minutes or till frothy.
(2) combine ingredients (B) into a big mixing bowl and stir till well cooperated.
(3) stir ingredients (C) till well mixed then heat over medium flame till mixture became smooth paste, leave aside to lukewarm.
(5) when ready, heat up an apom mould if you have one, otherwise heat up an frying pan, rub the surface with some cooking oil.
(6) withdraw 1/2 cup of apom batter and stir in blue pea flower concentrated water or a few drops of blue food colouring. Mix well.
(7) pour 2 tablespoon of batter to pan and let to cook uncovered, over medium heat till bubbles appear. Then put 1 TB of blue pea batter on each apom and swirl gently with wooden chopstick.
Happy weekend to all and hope you guys are going to have fantastic week ahead. Blessings