Matcha Pound Cake With Mulberry Cream Cheese Swirl 綠茶桑莓起司磅蛋糕


Oh my, it's MID December already ! I've started spring cleaning since a few days back. And just in time that my girl came home for a short break this week and will be going back for her exam soon. Hopefully, I'll be able to bake more often this week. For a start, I made this green tea pound cake with the additional of cream cheese & mulberries / cranberries for her crave.

Finally, I've received my original copy of cookbook. It such a joy ! Thanks again to Marshall Cavendish. Its the best Christmas gift ever.

(Recipe adapted from here)
Ingredients :
125gm  butter, softened
150gm  castor sugar
4 eggs
250gm   all purpose flour
1 tspn    baking powder
2 TB    green tea powder
100gm   cream cheese, softened
50gm   icing sugar
1/2 TB  lemon juice
1/2 cup    fresh mulberry / cranberries

Method :
(1) combine flour, green tea powder & baking powder into a big bowl then mixed well. Set aside.
(2)  cream butter and castor sugar till pale & fluffy.
(3)  add in eggs one at a time till everything well cooperated.


(4)  stir in half portions of flour mixture till well blended, then fold in the remaining flour mixture and hand mix till well cooperated.
(5)  in separate bowl, whisk cream cheese, icing sugar & lemon juice till creamy.
(6)  place half green tea batter into a greased 4x7" tray lined with parchment paper, now place in all cream cheese mixture & mulberries then cover it with the remaining green tea batter.
(7)  make a swirl through the batter and finally bake at preheated oven 175'C for about 40 minutes.
(8)  once its dine, leave to cool for 10 minutes before removing it from tray.

This is the very first time I tried such recipe with less portion of butter but larger portions of flour and eggs.... with NO extra fluid added in. Honestly, I feel quite weird at the beginning. It such a relief when the cake turns out looking great, lack of moisture though. I'm glad I have my cream cheese mixture added in to balance it. And it looks more festive and colourful too, isn't it !!! A very satisfying treat after all. Hope you guys will love it too. Enjoy & have a fabulous weekend everyone.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...