rendang or ayam masak lemak which is thick and dry, masak kurma has soup like gravy. This is such a irresistible dish to serve at anytime. I bet your guests will ask for more.
And here's what I did.
1 kg chicken, cut small (15 drumstick)
1-1/2 TB turmeric powder
300ml coconut milk
4 cups water
salt to taste
1 TB sugar
1 large turmeric leaf, thinly sliced
3 stalk lemongrass, take only the white part & smashed
2 pieces asam keping
Blended paste :
3 TB kurma mixed powder, toasted (I used readymixed)
5 candlenut / buah keras, slightly toasted
5 cloves garlic
1 large onion
1" galangal / blue ginger
15 bird eye chilies
(blend into paste)
(1) wash & clean chicken thoroughly then cut into bite size as desired or you may use chicken drumstick, then marinade chicken with turmeric powder and set aside to rest for 30 minutes.
(2) preheat a wok with enough cooking oil for frying, then fry chicken meat till golden brown and set aside.
(3) now, preheat wok with 1/2 cup after fried cooking oil and saute lemongrass till fragrant then stir in blended paste and simmer everything till nice & fragrant.
(4) next, add in asam keping, water and coconut milk & bring it to boil for about 15 minutes over medium heat.
(6) stir in turmeric leaf till well mixed and then off the heat. And its all ready to serve.
Wednesday, September 28, 2016
Wednesday, September 21, 2016
2-1/2 cup all purpose flour
3 tspn baking powder
4 TB sugar
1/2 tspn salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup thick cream
1 cup milk
1/4 cup corn oil
1-1/2 cup seedless black grapes
(1) combine all ingredients and mix well, lastly stir in grapes.
(2) spoon batter evenly into 12 greased muffin tins then top with crumble pieces and at preheated oven 180'C for 20-25mins.
Ingredients for Crumble Topping :
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tspn cinnamon powder
(1) cream butter & sugar till fluffy.
(2) fold in flour and mix to form a soft dough.
(3) add in chopped walnuts and mix combine.
(4) wrap dough with a plastic sheet and keep chilled for 15
Friday, September 16, 2016
4 pcs rice vermicelli (preferably individual packing)
Cooking oil for frying
Method : soak rice vermicelli for 3 minutes or just about to turn soft then drain (depends on thickness). Preheat frying pan with 3 tablespoon cooking oil then pan fry soaked vermicelli till brown & crispy. Add in cooking oil after each cooking.
Ingredients for prawns gravy :
3 cups water
10 pcs fresh water prawns, trimmed
1 small fish cake, cut small (optional)
salt & pepper to taste (I used 1/3 tspn salt)
1/3 tspn vegetables granules
1 egg, roughly beaten
2 TB chopped garlic
some Chinese cabbaage, cut small (as desired)
*thickening : 3 TB water mixed with 1 TB tapioca starch
(1) preheat frying pan or wok with 3 TB cooking oil, then stir in garlic and saute till fragrant (lightly brown).
(2) add in prawns & any other meat, cook till the prawns turned red.
(3) now, add in water, salt & pepper and vegetables granules, and bring it to boil over high heat.
(4) finally, stir in cabbage & thickening, let to cook for about a minute over medium heat or till the gravy became slightly thicken.
(5) off the heat, add in egg and let to stand for 2 minutes before stirring the gravy.
(6) now, pour gravy over to the serving plate with fried vermicelli and serve hot.